Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28, 2010




Pics above are of Emily taken a few weeks ago. She found a wounded butterfly and was attempting to love it back to health. Love the one with her hugging the butterfly! That's Emmers for ya!

I signed Emily up for cheerleading today, and she starts in September. Can't wait! Funny to think of my little wrestling tomboy oxygen princess as a cheerleader! Very exciting!

On the sign-up form, they made me sign that she was of "normal health," whatever normal is anyway.... I guess that other than her lungs and tummy, she's A-OK normal! I signed the form at any rate as I am fairly sure it is just a formality that I'm not going to sue them! Madison is a small town, and I know people know she has issues, and most people have seen her on oxygen. I guess we'll see how it works out. I can't imagine that she's going to get anymore roughed up than she does in wrestling, and it's not like I'm ever going to be too far away from her! If there is an issue, I'll just pull her out and put her oxygen on her, ya know.... I'm sure that's what asthmatic kids do, come out to use an inhaler. Well Emmers might have to come out to use oxygen. I don't think that's too different in the eyes of a lot of people, is it? Or maybe it is, but there is no way I'm going to tell her she can't be a cheerleader just because she has bad lungs when her doctor says that exercise is her best medicine! And there is no way I'm going to deny her oxygen if it comes up either, just to keep her looking "normal" for the people up at the complex. The heck with that!!!

I took the kids to the football field today for the jamboree. Ashton's team won both their little mini games which was great to see! Great job Madison White! In my haste to get 4 kids, water, the stroller, lawn chairs, diaper bag, and breakfast out the front door, I forgot the oxygen! Of course sitting up in the hot sun, Emily had a spell when she did need the oxygen. She got really out of breath and sat on my lap whimpering and panting for several minutes saying over and over that she needed oxygen, but she finally got okay. I am definitely going to have to be more careful in the future!

Tonight the kids have gone with my mom to Louisville for their cousin Aleah's birthday party. That should be great fun for them!

In other news, Emily is no longer anemic! In fact, her hemoglobin is now on the other end of the spectrum and is almost high at 13.8! It was almost 4 points lower less than a month ago! This doesn't really surprise me as it seems that we have finally gotten the nosebleeds under control, and also her hemoglobin has always been rather high due to compensation for her lung disease. Blood with more hemoglobin in it can carry more oxygen. Another way Emily's body works around having damaged lungs. Whatever works!

Emily will be going back to school soon, and she is soooo excited. She's already planning out what she will wear and who she will get to play with. She can't wait!

Other than that, not much to report. The boys are back to school, Denny is back to school, and I'm working as always, although I did get my hours cut a little! Braylon is doing well, a bit underweight so the doctor has me actively trying to fatten him up, but otherwise, he's doing great, jabbering up a storm always eager to learn new things.

All in all, life is pretty good right now! The usual worries, money, kids' health, etc., but (knock on wood) we are really enjoying some good healthy months! Thanks for checking in....

No comments:

Post a Comment