Saturday, March 5, 2011

Emily's "Lucky Bear"

Emily's cardiology appointment is on Monday, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. But we've been down this path before, and other than a minor heart defect (PFO), they have never found anything. I guess we will see if anything turns up this time. Obviously, something isn't exactly "normal" with her, and we are hoping for answers, and an easy fix would be great news too. Fingers crossed, but hopes are not up.

Then next weekend is the folkstyle state finals. Emily qualified a few weeks ago, but I don't think she will be competing at State. Maybe next month at the freestyle finals, but I just don't think she is up for it right now.

This picture below is of Emily all dressed out for wrestling in Jeffersonville a few weeks ago. I went to take her picture, and she pulled this little bear out of her bag...stated it was her "lucky bear." In fact, this bear has been with her from the very beginning, lying next to her in the ICU during her worst days as a baby (other picture). A lucky bear indeed!




This bear has been through so much with Emily, and I was surprised to see she still has it! Maybe we should bring it along on Monday for luck!! Couldn't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment